How to apply
When you apply as an international student, you'll follow the same process as UK students, but there are a few extra things you'll need to know.
Applicants from some countries may have to meet individual requirements – to see what these are, visit your country page.
English language requirements
You'll need a sufficient level of English to contribute in classes and lectures, and to complete assignments. You must demonstrate your English level by supplying the results of a test that we recognise. Find out which English language tests we accept.
Students from some countries, such as those that use English as an official language, are exempt from these requirements. Find out if your country is exempt by visiting your country's page.
The level of English you need to speak varies depending on the course you want to study – you can find these requirements on each course page.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Visas page.
What you'll need to send us
When you apply to join us, we'll need to see the following documents:
- A completed application form – there's a link to the form you'll need in the 'How to apply' section at the bottom of every course page
- A Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose. Some personal statements need specific information, so check your course page for full details.
- Officially certified and translated copies of your high school or college qualification and grades (for undergraduate courses)
- Officially certified and translated copies of your degree qualification and grades (for Postgraduate courses)
- Proof of your English language level (such as an IELTS Certificate)
- One academic reference on official headed paper for undergraduate courses or two references for postgraduate courses
What comes next?
Once your application is in and you've received an offer from us, there's plenty more to think about. Find out about preparing for being a student in the UK.