Writing your Personal Statement
What should I put in my Personal Statement?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
In your statement, you should demonstrate your enthusiasm for the course you want to study, and highlight the skills you've gained from your academic studies and your work or life experience.
Here's a checklist of what you should include:
- Your reasons for choosing your course
- The aspects of your course that interest you most
- Any skills and abilities gained from work experience, placement or voluntary work (particularly if it is relevant to your subject)
- How your course fits in with your future career plans
- Why you would like to study in the UK (if you're an EU/International student)
- If you've taken – or are planning to take – a year out, and your reasons for doing so
- If you are not currently in full-time education, please provide details of your current or previous employment